Patrons shall be engaged in activities associated with the use of a public library while in the building. Patrons not engaged in reading, studying, or using library materials may be asked to leave.
Please note that the following behaviors are unacceptable in the Library:
- Eating and drinking
- Fighting, running, or “horseplay”
- Gambling, soliciting, or campaigning on library property
- Bringing in animals other than guide dogs
- The unauthorized transportation, use, or storage of any firearms, weapons and/or explosives
- Inappropriate dress, for example, bare chests and feet
- Leaving children unattended
- Loitering or sleeping on library property or placing feet on library furniture
- Mutilation or damage of library materials, equipment, and property
- Public drunkenness or use of alcohol
- Smoking (meaning no smoking)
- Use of drugs, hallucinogens, and other chemical substances
- Use of loud, obscene, or abusive language
- Sexual acts and sexually deviant behavior of any kind
- Using radios, phones, and/or televisions without the use of personal earphones in authorized areas
- Patrons whose bodily hygiene is offensive so as to constitute a nuisance to other persons shall be required to leave the building
The Uniontown Public Library reserves the right to ask that you leave for ignoring the above prohibitions.
The library is not responsible for personal belongings left unattended anywhere on library property. Items found will be placed into lost and found for a period not less than one month. Personal items left by patrons are subject to disposal.